Re: [Xen-users] eth0 is down in dom0

  • To: Ingo Rauner <irauner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Johannes Schlatow <johannes.schlatow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 12:28:50 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 03:29:34 -0800

I managed to get my xen-dom0-kernel working with my nvidia mcp67 chipset
by changing the sources manually. I just searched the changelogs and
patches at kernel.org... perhaps this will work for you too, but it's
not very simple ;)
For Centos 5.2 there is a patched 2.6.18 kernel available wich will work
with far more hardware than the kernel from xen.org.

Kernels > 2.6.18 are available for Ubuntu and some Fedora releases, but
that's imo a very bad solution. On my hardware the Ubuntu kernel was
running, but the cpu scaling was broken.