Re: [Xen-users] Guest - slow response to keystroke (SOLVED)

  • To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Stephen Liu <satimis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 22:36:42 +0800 (CST)
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 06:37:19 -0800

Hi Thomas,

> so - guest01 and 02 have the same MAC-Adress? It is not a goog idea
> have identical Mac-adresses.

You're right.  I found my solution removing the MAC address.  Now the
problem disappears.

> > > instead of this you could also loopback-mount in dom0
> > >
> > > mount -o loop /vserver/domains/guest-2_directory/disk.img /mnt
> > > chroot /mnt && do your stuff
> > > exit && xm create xyz
> >

> > Whether editing the data on chroot environment.  On exiting a new
> > disk.img will be created with all new data included?  What about
> the
> > swap.img?

Sorry I read your advice wrongly.  Actually I need to duplicate both
disk.img and swap.img.  Instead of starting the guest just mount the
disk.img and edit the files on chroot environment.  One disadvantage, I
can't execute problem on chroot environment.  E.G. after editing
/et/hosts I can't run /etc/init.d/hostname.sh to take effect.  Nor to
run;

# hostname
and
# hostname -f

to check the output.

- snip -

> > > I love this CoW-Stuff :)
> >

> > Whether you meant;
> >
> > Copy-on-write;
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_on_write
>
> .... nd should not be used to replace backups.
>
> COW may also be used as the underlying mechanism for snapshots
> provided
> by logical volume management and Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy
> Service.
>
> The copy-on-write technique can be used to emulate a read-write
> storage
> on media that require wear levelling or are physically Write Once
> Read
> Many.

Noted with thanks.

> Just imagine you have lvm running.
>
> you create a new lvol
> mount it to /mnt eg.
> debootstrap xyz /mnt
> umount /mnt
>
> lvcreate -s creates a snapshot of this image, which is writeable.
> so you can assign this snapshot to your xen-guest.
>

> > Pointers would be appreciated.  TIA
>
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/

Thanks.  I'll test it on next Xen box.

B.R.