Re: [Xen-users] xend won't start on Ubuntu Hardy server

Rich Wales:

> I'm still concerned about the earlier error, though.  The (apparent)
> fact that no one can explain it makes me worry that it might pop up
> again with no warning.  I'd welcome any thoughts.

I've also seen the message
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/xen/lowlevel/xc.so:
undefined symbol: xc_domain_setcpuweight

AFAICT the culprit was the hardy-backports repository providing a 3.3
version of libxen3. This seems to be exceptionally brain-dead since it
is the only available Xen-related package that is on 3.3 level. All
other Hardy Xen packages (xen-utils, the hypervisor etc.) are still 3.2.
After replacing the libxen3 from backports with the 3.2-version from
main, I was able to start xend again.

Regards
  mks