[Xen-users] Stability of XEN under high load

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Bernd Gotschy" <Bernd.Gotschy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 09:13:16 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 00:15:05 -0800

Hallo,

we have a XEN server with Redhat 5.2 and XEN 3.0.3. We have two
problems.
We build an Oracle RAC with two XEN guest Redhat 4.4. When we add more
then 3 GB of RAM we cannot work with shared disks between the guests.
Looks like a XEN bug. We have to reduce the RAM to max. 3 GB.
Major problem is  that under high load we loose some of the network
interfaces and cannot get them working unless we reboot the guest.
We need RH 4.4 as guest operating system. The guests are HVM.
We have two bridges defined for the networker communication. It
seem one bridge is no longer functional. We have a XEN IA64 server.

Any idea how to solve this problem?

regards
Bernd