Re: [Xen-users] Info on PCI device hiding using pciback module

On Tue, Dec 02, 2008 at 04:02:49PM +0530, xen rkar wrote:
> The pciback module is clearly available in the kernel/romdisk and i
> have passed the parameters to the kernel to ignore the pci-id.
> But I continue to see it listed when i run "lspci".

You missunderstand "hide". This definition hides it from the real driver
modules, not from the kernel at all.

> Have i missed any steps, appreciate if  you kind give me any pointers
> on how to check if i'm doing the right steps and move forward.

Use the documentation and stop after you get an _error_.

Bastian

--
Extreme feminine beauty is always disturbing.
                -- Spock, "The Cloud Minders", stardate 5818.4