Re: [Xen-users] DomU can't be destroyed

Thomas Halinka-5 wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
>> I have searched for a bit and haven't found anything. I am having an
>> issue
>> with DomU's persisting (even after a reboot) that aren't running, and
>> can't
>> be destroyed. Problem is I cant create one with the same name either.
>> This
>> is Xen 3.3.0 on Centos 5.2.
>>
>> [root@COBRA1 ~]# xm list.........
>> xm destroy leaves the xm still in xm list.
>>
>> [root@COBRA1 ~]# xm create /etc/xen/auto/andy.centos.dev
>> Using config file "/etc/xen/auto/andy.centos.dev".
>> Error: VM name 'andy.centos.dev' already exists
>
> this domain is managed through xenstore....
>
>   # xm start andy.centos.dev
>
> "man xm" does not show this option, but "xm" does
> start                Start a Xend managed domain
>

>> The rest of these are set up the same and work perfect. I'm sure its
>> something I'm missing on my part though.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> -=Tom
>>

> Thomas

Thanks for the quick reply Thomas,

I did the following.

[root@COBRA1 ~]# xm start andy.centos.dev
Xend has probably crashed!  Invalid or missing HTTP status code.

and ssh is now dead :-\. All the DomU's are still up though.....

The XM andy.centos.dev did not start.

Thank god for remote reboot strips :)

Any logs in particular I should post? I am fairly new to Xen.

Thanks!
-=Tom