Re: [Xen-users] not able to get my hard coded(static) ip address on Dom U

First off, if you want help. don't go out of your way to annoy those you are requesting help from ! Set your client to text only so that it posts :

   address 107.108.161.190

rather than :

   address <http://107.108.161.190>107.108.161.190

akhilesh kumar wrote:

But I am not able to get my hard coded(static)  ip address on Dom U

I  have updated  network configuration in my DomU config file

Vif =['ip=107.108.161.190, vifname=veth0' ]

 Don 0 etc/network/interface file

auto lo

iface lo inet loopback

        address 127.0.0.1

        netmask 255.255.255.0

auto eth0 eth0:0

iface eth0 inet static

        address 107.108.161.116

        netmask 255.255.255.0

        gateway 107.108.161.1

#       pre-up /etc/init.d/xend start || true

#       up /usr/sbin/xen-net-setup.sh start

#       post-down /usr/local/sbin/xen-net-setup.sh stop

iface veth0:0 inet static

        address 107.108.161.190

                  ^^^^^^^

        netmask 255.255.255.0

my ifcfg-eth0 for  domU.

TYPE=Ethernet
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static

BROADCAST=107.108.161.255
IPADDR=107.108.161.190

NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK= 107.108.161.0
GATEWAY=107.108.161.1

Can any one  help

You could try not assigning the same address to two different machines !

--
Simon Hobson