Re: [Xen-users] dom0 using only a single CPU (networking)

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:31:54PM +0100, fabi.a169@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm using a server with 10Gbps network interfaces and 4 CPUs, running
> several domUs. The problem is that in this setup, with high network load,
> dom0 turns out to be the bottleneck, using only a single CPU which is
> saturated and 100%. So the network speed is bounded to much less than
> 10Gbps. How could I make dom0 use more CPUs in parallel ?

In short, you can't. The Linux network stack uses polling to handle high
load, however this can only run on one CPU at a time.

> If you have any idea, thank you for sharing your experience.

What sort of service do you run which can fill a 10GBit connection and
is able to be virtualized at the same time?

Bastian

--
The idea of male and female are universal constants.
                -- Kirk, "Metamorphosis", stardate 3219.8