[Xen-users] Installing domU from ISO image file

I am trying to install CentOS from an ISO image file but the installer does
not see a CD-ROM drive.  The VNC viewer works but the CentOS installer
indicates "Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this
installation type."  Then it prompts with "[Select driver] [Use a driver
disk] [Back]".  I have tried several variations of the "disk" paramater, all
with the same results.  I also used losetup to attach the imate to /dev/loop0
and tried the commented out "disk" parameters with the same results.

xen is 3.3
OS is Ubuntu 8.04

  1 name = "cos52"
  2 memory = 128
  3
  4 disk =
[ 'file:/etc/xen/iso/COS52.iso,ioemu:hdc:cdrom,r',
'phy:/dev/vg00/elastix,xvda1,w' ]
  5 #disk = [ 'phy:loop0,hdc,r', 'phy:/dev/vg00/elastix,xvda1,w' ]
  6
  7
  8 vif = [ '' ]
  9 vfb = ["type=vnc,vncunused=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncpasswd=kalamoja"]
 10
 11 bootloader = "/usr/bin/pygrub"
 12 kernel = '/images/xen/vmlinuz'
 13 ramdisk = '/images/xen/initrd.img'