Re: [Xen-users] Problem booting xen domU Guest

Thanks for hints Todd!

The priviliged guest(dom0) is a 2.6.26.4 kernel (xen hypervisor 3.3.0).
Originally a vanilla kernel, manually patched. But I didnt encounter any
problems with that. I run several 2.6.18 domU´s (debian etch) on it, without
any trouble. The 2.6.28 I´m having these problems with, is a vanilla kernel as
well.

Unfortunately there´s no option or flag in the 2.6.28 for any "Fusion MPT
device support". But on the other hand its not quite clear to me, what that
would be needed. As the domU would only communicate with the host through the
"Xen virtual block device support". And that one is enabled.

No I dont get into the initramfs prompt. These are the last messages I get:
#######################################
XENBUS: Device with no driver: device/console/0
Freeing unused kernel memory: 264k freed
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 1 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 2 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 4 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 8 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 16 seconds for /sys/block/sda/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/dev: No such file or directory
Device /sys/block/sda/dev seems to be down.
/bin/mknod: missing operand after `b'
Special files require major and minor device numbers.
Try `/bin/mknod --help' for more information.
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 1 seconds for /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 2 seconds for /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 4 seconds for /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 8 seconds for /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev: No such file or directory
Waiting 16 seconds for /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev to show up
/bin/cat: /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev: No such file or directory
Device /sys/block/sda/sda1/dev seems to be down.
/bin/mknod: missing operand after `b'
Special files require major and minor device numbers.
Try `/bin/mknod --help' for more information.
mount: special device /dev/sda1 does not exist
Switching root ...
/usr/lib/yaird/exec/run_init: current directory on the same filesystem as the
root: Success

I already thought of something perhaps beeing wrong the ramdisk. But then
again, all necessary xen components are compiled into the kernel, and not as
module.
Normally I use this command to create my ramdisk:

yaird -f cpio -o /boot/kernel-2.6.28.ramdisk 2.6.28

-------- Original-Nachricht --------