[Xen-users] Redhat EL 5.2 guest on Redhat EL 5.2 host

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Dean Pullen" <dean.pullen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 16:08:20 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Jan 2009 08:09:15 -0800

Hi all,

Complete newbie to Xen, but having installed Red Hat EL 5.2 with the Xen hypervisor I’d like to add a few Red Hat 5.2 VMs.

The host and guests are x86-64.

Unfortunately, I’m falling at the very first hurdle.

I’m creating a new VM, and using an ISO file of the Red Hat 5 DVD on the host’s local file system.

The guest installer boots and then after language and keyboard layout questions, ask what the source installation media is...

Selecting CD-ROM asks for a driver type, whereas selecting hard-drive asks if I’d like to add a HDD to the system, where upon if I select yes, it returns to the original menu.

Any tips or links upon where I can go next?

Thanks in advance.

Dean Pullen.