Re: [Xen-users] Beginner guest domain...

  • To: "Siddharth Wagh" <siddharth.wagh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:07:13 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 13:07:57 -0800

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM, Siddharth Wagh
<siddharth.wagh@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am an absolute beginner in the field of virtual machines and Xen more
> importantly. I started working on a Linux one year back. So I was wondering
> if there is any place where newbie questions would be entertained, or would
> I have to suffer at the hands of you stalwarts??? :P
>
> Also, I am working on my Masters thesis and got to use Xen, so if any of you
> could guide me as to "how to master Xen" itself, I would be really
> grateful!! Any books, mailin lists, interactive tutorials, etc that would
> help?

For using Xen, I would recommend "Running Xen", for the internals "The
Definitive Guide to the Xen Hypervisor".

Our running xen book website has a lot of resources [1].

Searching the xen.markmail.org archives is a good idea before posting.

Also, choosing xen-users or xen-devel appropriately is a good idea too.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Todd

--