RE: [Xen-users] Windows GPLPV 0.9.12 Pre13 Upgrade Yellow Exclamations

  • To: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 22:02:03 +1100
  • Cc:
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 03:03:00 -0800

> Hi Everyone,
>
> Just upgraded a Server 2K3 SP2 32Bit test box running GPLPV 0.9.12
Pre4
> driver to 0.9.12 Pre 13 drivers but things seem to have gone a bit
> weird. I changed the boot.ini so the first line was as normal and the
> second had /nogplpv on the end (I think this is correct for the newer
> drivers).
>
> I now have version 0.9.11.13 showing as the Network driver version and
> this device looks fine for my 2 para nics but I also have 2 Realtek
NICs
> with yellow exclamations, deleting and restarting them just causes
them
> to reappear. The Intel IDE controller also has a yellow exclamation
> although the Xen PV Disk SCSI Disk Device looks fine. My config file
> does not have the IOEMU line for the NICs and worked with the Pre4
> driver. Any idea what the problem might be?

The way I was hiding the qemu devices (IDE and Realtek network) was
causing some problems so I had to revert to just causing them to fail.

There is a patch you can apply to Xen 3.3.1 (might apply against 3.3.0
too) that will hide the drivers at the xen level, otherwise you'll just
have to ignore them.

James