[Xen-users] disk access besk practice

Hi all,

While I've read some faqs, forums and Professional Xen Virtualization, I would like your take on this.

I've 2 paravirtualized domUs running, each using tap:aio disk image located on a local 500GB raid.

While performance seems fine both interactively and using benchmarks, is there a practical limit to the image size before I should start breaking it up?

I plan to build another dom0 box with a 24TB raid on it and hosting 2 paravirtualized domUs, one of which will need 20TB.

Should I break up the domU into 2 images, 1 for the OS and the other for storage needs?

So my questions are;

1 - Whats a practical single disk image size?
2 - Should I pre allocate all image space during domU creation or have it dynamically grow?

- Brian