Re: [Xen-users] Install Problem

Hi,

I haven't had much luck with this myself so my workaround;

1 - Setup a quick-n-dirty web server.
2 - Downloaded the 5.2 DVD ISO.
3 - Copied the entire contents to the server in a dir like centos off its web root. 4 - Pointed the Xen domU installer to it (something like http://mylocalweb/centos) .

I do with with RHEL as well.

Its faster and more reliable and is worth the initial investment of time.

- Brian

On Jan 7, 2009, at 11:18 AM, maillists0@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I'm trying to install a CentOS 5.2 64 bit guest on a CentOS 5.2 64 bit host using virt-install from a repo over http. The installation starts, but when it tries to download the stage 2 image, it stalls and eventually times out.

I've tried several repos using both ftp and http. There is no firewall and selinux is disabled (and I rebooted after disabling it.) There are no log messages to indicate that something is wrong -- it just hangs. I can manually browse and download from all the repos I've been using.

Anyone ever seen this before? Suggestions for troubleshooting? I've run strace, and all I can see is that it's waiting. I'm stumped.