[Xen-users] Xen compile under centos - Correct method?

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Robert Dunkley" <Robert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 12:48:24 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 04:52:56 -0800

Hi everyone,

I would like to update some existing Centos 5.2/Xen 3.30/OFED 1.3
installs to Xen 3.31. OFED is a driver and apps package for Infiniband,
it has installer that installs to the Kernel source folder.

When I set this up previously I downloaded the Kernel source and
required dependencies with Yum and then installed OFED. I then used the
Gitco RPM to install on top of that and added the new kernel to Grub.

The trouble is I would like to apply a Xen unstable patch to make things
work better with the newer Windows GPLPV drivers (This one:
http://www.meadowcourt.org/downloads/qemu_disable_patches.diff ) so I
assume using a Gitco RPM is out of the question. What is the correct
method I should use?

Thanks in advance,

Rob

The SAQ Group

Registered Office: 18 Chapel Street, Petersfield, Hampshire GU32 3DZ
SAQ is the trading name of SEMTEC Limited. Registered in England & Wales
Company Number: 06481952

http://www.saqnet.co.uk AS29219

SAQ Group Delivers high quality, honestly priced communication and I.T.
services to UK Business.

Broadband : Domains : Email : Hosting : CoLo : Servers : Racks : Transit :
Backups : Managed Networks : Remote Support.

ISPA Member

Find us in http://www.thebestof.co.uk/petersfield