Re: [Xen-users] copy + paste

Brian Krusic wrote:
A funny user thing.

In vmware I could copy a url for example from within a guest (domU if you will) and paste it in my host (dom0 if you will).
I presume you mean using the VNC console...

No, there's no support. You need two things: a display driver that can pass the selection through dom0 to or from the guest and a user-space application in the guest that knows how to deal with the guest-side of that channel. It's not beyond the ken of man, but it's not there.

One of the reasons it's not there is because it's not needed in a lot of circumstances. If you're using a Linux/Unix guest then you can ssh to the guest and/or run X applications on the guest displaying on the machine you're connecting to. If you're using Windows then you can use VNC or Windows Terminal Services on the guest. The guest's VNC console tends to be relegated to emergency-only use. That's not an excuse, that's just the way things seem to happen.

jch