[Xen-users] tap:ram anyone?

Has anyone ever tried the 'ram' driver with blktap for block devices?
It's mentioned here:

 http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/blktap

    Fast shareable RAM disk between VMs (requires some form of
cluster-based filesystem support e.g. OCFS2 in the guest kernel)

and poking around the source, in tools/blktap there is a README
(almost identical to the above web page) and the drivers themselves.

I've been trying to get it to work on CentOS 5.2 to no avail.  Specifically:

   block-attach domain 'tap:ram:/path/to/file' hdb w

..makes something appear in the output of block-list, but the domU
doesn't react at all.  (nothing in dmesg, /dev/dhb is not found
etc...)  Sadly, this is exactly the same thing that happens if you
specify a bogus tap driver, (EG tap:wibble:/path/to/file).

I've tried tap:aio and tap:sync and they both work.

Thanks!
-Dylan