RE: [Xen-users] Lots of udp (multicast) packet loss in domU

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Mike Kazmier <DaKaZ@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 15:42:59 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 07:43:37 -0800

James, on more item of note:

> These days, each DomU network interface should be making Dom0 aware of
> what multicast traffic it should be receiving, so unless your domU
> kernels are old that shouldn't be your problem, but maybe someone else
> can confirm that multicast is definitely in place?

We are running xen 3.3.0 on a 2.6.18 dom0 and domU, but my domU gets 100% of
the traffic even when its not joined to any of the groups.  Do you know which
recent kernel versions would support igmp snooping / pruning such that my
domU's only get what they are registered for?

One last question / idea: I have read a few times I think about ipv6 related
issues... we currently have ipv6 enabled in our kernels but we are not using
it, do you think that disabling it would achieve anything?

Best,

--Mike