[Xen-users] Re: GPLPV Drivers - which version is good?

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Andrew Lyon" <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:18:13 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 04:19:12 -0800

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had to reinstall my windows 2008 vm this morning, I installed the
> Xen PV Drivers 0.9.12-pre13.exe and they seem to work, but if I do any
> serious disk i/o the vm grinds to a halt, it has all the symptoms of
> the disk simlpy not accepting any i/o at all, I was installing acrobat
> reader at the time and the file copy progress bar stopped moving, then
> explorer locked up, even task manager does not open.
>
> Rebooting fixed the problem, but it happened again as soon as I tried
> to install anything big.
>
> I guess 0.9.12pre13 is not a good version, I cannot remember which one
> I was using before, anybody have success with a specific version on
> 2008?

I should apologise to James, his drivers were not the cause of the
problem at all, the issue was that I had created a snapshot of the lvm
used in the vm and the snapshot was completely full.

FYI both 0.9.11 and 0.9.12pre13 seem to work perfectly.

Andy

Andy