[Xen-users] virt-install - how to mount the domU device?

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ferreira, N. L. (Nuno)" <n.l.ferreira@xxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:01:22 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 05:02:13 -0800

Dear *

After my last e-mail about self-containing a xen guest (i.e. with xen aware kernel inside the domU) and Fajar's answer, I tryed to create a domU using virt-install (no swap for now, only one ext3 partition mounted on /). I installed domU OS on a dom0 LVM logical volume on VG vgxen.
LV was prepared like this :

lvcreate --size=10GB --name=vm1 vgxen
(did not do a mkfs.ext3 /dev/vgxen/vm1, since its going to be formatted by virt-install)

I'm able to start the new domU without apparent problems.

My question is:
How can I mount this new domU such that I can tweak it a bit for my needs?

I did tried the follwoing:
After having a "xm shutdown vm1" I tried to mount it with

mount /dev/vgxen/vm1 /mnt/vgxen
mount: you must specify the filesystem type

This is of course due to the fact that virt-install formats the LV.
Even if I try to mount with

mount /dev/vgxen/vm1 /mnt/vgxen -t ext3

I get the same error.

Cheers,