Re: [Xen-users] DomU in it's own LVM partition fails to boot CentOS 5.2 Dom0/U

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Peter Hoose <phoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> All good now,

Wow. You completed an install and test in just one hour, installing
from a HTTP public mirror? I envy your fast internet connection.

I was going to suggest that if you do HTTP-install often it might be
useful to create your own mirror, or simply use an install DVD/ISO to
create a HTTP install source. But in your case it seems you don't need
one.

> and I definitely see a big performance improvement with
> partitions vs. tap:
>
> /dev/xvda:
>  Timing cached reads:   7856 MB in  2.00 seconds = 3936.95 MB/sec
>  Timing buffered disk reads:  306 MB in  3.00 seconds = 101.95 MB/sec
>

> Previously I was getting ~10MB/s with tap.

Oh my. And I was under the impression that tap: vs phy: today is the
same as using swapfile vs swap partition in terms of performance. I
guess I need to do some further testing.

Just one clarification though: Are you SURE you previously used non-sparse file?

Regards,

Fajar