From: Nathan Stratton [mailto:nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 2:47 PM
To: Tait Clarridge
Cc: John Madden; xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen SAN Questions

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, Tait Clarridge wrote:

> To clarify, the disks themselves will be a RAID-5 local to each machine
> (1 array per machine, 2 in total) with DRBD running between to sort of
> RAID-1 them over the network. Does that help? I want to take the local
> RAID from both machines and turn it into a SAN.

We get about 166 MB/s write with our DRBD setup, what numbers are you
seeing? Our hardware is:

Supermicro X7DWN+
Dual Xeon 5410
3ware 9650SE-16ML (in RAID 6 mode)
Centos 5.2
Xen 3.3.0
DRBD 2.3.0

><>
Nathan Stratton                                CTO, BlinkMind, Inc.
nathan at robotics.net                         nathan at blinkmind.com
http://www.robotics.net                        http://www.blinkmind.com