RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV Network Driver causing VM crash

> I'm running Xen 3.3.0 with AMD Opteron 2350s. Windows 2003 32bit
> SP2+patches.
>
> When I bring a Windows VM up with the GPLPV drivers, it runs until I
try
> to do anything with the network and then it crashes.  Trying to web
browse
> will lock the VM up, RDPing to it will lock the VM up.  I've tried
0.9.11
> and 0.9.12pre13, both with the same results.  I've removed the
type=ioemu
> from the vif line without any change as well.
>
> Any ideas?

Add this to your domu config, all on one line:

cpuid =
['0x80000005:ecx=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkkkkkkkk,edx=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxkkkkkkkk']

that will correct a bug in 3.3.0 where it wasn't exporting the cache
line size to windows, which would cause Windows to hang the first time
it received a packet making use of rx csum offload. It only affects AMD
cpu's.

James