[Xen-users] Removing Citrix PV Drivers and then installing GPLPV drivers

  • To: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Mark Pace <pace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:26:40 -0800
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 04:27:30 -0800

I'm in the process of migrating XenServer virtuals over to open source Xen.  Things are going along really well, except I haven't been able to successfully remove the Citrix Windows PV drivers and then install the GPLPV drivers.  After I remove the Citrix PV drivers, the drivers seem like they are gone.  I then install the GPLPV drivers, which claim to install successfully, but then the system pops up a message saying it found the Citrix XenSource PV Ethernet adapter again and it wants to install xennet.sys from the XenSource directories (which are no longer there).  I've shown it where the new xennet.sys driver is, but that doesn't make it happy.  Somewhere in this mix is some old INF file or something that is preventing the GPL drivers from taking over completely.

Any ideas how to really uninstall the Citrix drivers?

Thanks for any help!
pace