[Xen-users] problems configuring second ethernet interface in Centos guest OS

Hi All.

I seem to have followed all the steps correctly for this. I have a machine with dual ethernet interfaces. I have bridged both interfaces and ensured that they work properly for hosted OS's inside Xen by creating hosted OS's that use either xenbr0 or xenbr1 for their ethernet interfaces.

The problem comes in when I try to configure an eth1 for the guest OS. I added the line

alias eth1 xennet

to /etc/modprobe.conf

Instead of getting eth1 when I do an ifconfig -a, I get something like:

dev1711 or dev[some random number]

which has the ethernet address of extra interface that has been added.

I have been beating my head against this for the entire day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Kenny Leung