[Xen-users] Passing USB device to MS Windows guest

The configuration:

Dom0: openSuse 11.1 xen kernel for x86_64 and Xen 3.3.1
DomU: MS Windows XP

I want to pass a USB device with the identification 05e3:0100 to the DomU

First attempt:
I added a line
usbdevice="host:05e3:0100"
to the configuration file for the DomU already existing in /etc/vm. The file also contains the lines
usb=1
usbdevice="tablet"
.

After rebooting the VM in DomU no USB device other than the "tablet" (mouse equivalent) is available.
A look at the log files of the Dom0 reveals no mention of "host:05e3:0100".

Second attempt:
On the graphical console (vnc) of the VM running Windows I switched to the qemu monitor (version 0.9.1) with Alt+Crl+2 and entered the command "usb_add", and qemu answered: "unknown command: 'usb_add'; by the way, "help" doesn't list "usb_add" either.

So both approaches described in the Xen 3.3 User's Guide and in some other places on the web don't work.

Since the only reason for running Windows is using a software package that isn't available for Linux and that uses the USB device as input device, I'm stuck and need urgently help.

Regards
Willy