Re: [Xen-users] Cloud computing using Xen

> I knew that Amazon ec2 is using xen...but are they any
> documents/tutorial which teach how to plan/design/implement a
> grid/cloud computing infrastructure using Xen?

Sorry, looks like you were asking more about the planning stages and not what
it means.
In my opinion, everyone out there is wanting to be the next provider of
anything which will be known as Cloud Computing, well, the big boys at least.

However, if you look around the net, you'll find endless projects which would
allow you to start putting together all of the pieces and parts.

Depends on what you're after but there is a basic to almost anything anyone
wants to do on the Internet.

I would say you don't plan for thousands of servers but you build your initial
infrastructure so that it will scale to what ever amounts of resources you'll
need. Understanding the various technologies will give you the knowledge you
need to build on once things get going. Planning up front doesn't seem to be
about the physical as much as picking the right technologies which will allow
your growth without pain.

In other words, you only need a handful of servers in order to create an
environment that would have all of the services which you'd like to offer. You
build it so that it scales, not worrying too much about being able to handle
thousands of users unless you've got very deep marketing dollar pockets.

Now on the other hand, if you've got a handful of admin's, tech's and
resources, just contact a consulting company and they will get you going pretty
quick :).

Sorry that there isn't any specific answer but then, you're not asking anything
specific either. Just my pennies worth.

Mike