[Xen-users] xm block-detach timeout problem

Hi all,

I am using Centos 5.2 for both DomU and Dom0. I used “xm block-attach” to attach a LV to a DomU and mounted to DomU’s /mnt.

I tried to run “xm block-detach vm1 /dev/sdb”, I find that this command will hold for long time as DomU has not umount /mnt. I have done an experiment by running “time xm block-detach vm1 /dev/sdb”. I find that this command needs 1min 40s to timeout. Any method to shorten this timeout?

[root@localhost] time xm block-detach vm1 /dev/sdb

Error: Device /dev/sdf (vbd) could not be disconnected.

Usage: xm block-detach <Domain> <DevId> [-f|--force]

Destroy a domain's virtual block device.

real    1m40.149s

user    0m0.052s

sys     0m0.044s

P.S. I tried xm block-detach vm1 /dev/sdb –force , this command will result hang of DomU.

Regards,

Felix