Re: [Xen-users] Best way to use Xen to segment & protect

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 01:29:29PM -0800, Rick Flower wrote:
> Thanks for the info Nick... Regarding the root escalation mentioned
> above -- have there been issues with this in the past?
Yes I believe so
http://secunia.com/advisories/26986/
> Also, I guess it would help to have the domU that Apache is using to
> have tools such as Tripwire and other related tools to keep thing from
> getting too far...
Inside a domU you would want any protections you would have on any
other server.
> If you're in a domU, can you tell that it's a virtual server?  If not
> then perhap it's less likely to break out and escalate to dom0...?
Yes if its a paravirtualized machine.
> Is it possible to have a domU mount a different filesystem than dom0?
> Sorry for the numerous questions...
Not quite sure what you mean here.

--
Nick Anderson <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>