RE: [Xen-users] partitions + iscsi = mass confusion

  • To: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Gary W. Smith" <gary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:11:01 -0800
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 09:16:03 -0800

Fajar,

Makes sense.  I used to use xvd[x] syntax but when I switched to FC8 as my host some time ago it didn't work so I ended up with sd[x].  I've updated it a few times so I'm sure it probably works now.

Problem is that I have this on a countless number of VM's (plus templates).  If that's what it takes, I guess I will need to do it.

I was just hoping there was a simpler way to get around this (like creating a reserved /dev/sda that does nothing or something so that hotplug would skip it.

Actually, is there a way to block specific ones in hotplug?  I remember some time ago (probably years now) there was discussion somewhere about setting specific hotplug entries for usb mounts.  I didn't follow it to see if there was ever a resolution.