Re: [Xen-users] Extremely slow traffic over bridge

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 5:51 AM, Øyvind Sean Kinsey
<oyvind.kinsey@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just set up a Gentoo dom0 using xen 3.3.0, with a dom0 running Windows
> 2008 with the GPLV PV drivers.
> The problem I am having is that while using iperf external<>dom0 and
> dom0<>domU shows very good speeds (about 940Mb/s on the wire and about 1G/s
> internally), external<>domU shows down to 30kb/s, and rarely over 6Mb/s
> (allthough I sometimes get up to 700 Mb/s single way), on a Gb lan..

- what physical NIC model/brand?
- do you have a PV domU running? What performance you get from it?
- what does dom0 <-> external performance like?
- what does "ethtool" on your physical NIC (molst likely peth0) say?
- does your switch show any errors on that port?

You can try looking at http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenFaq , but
I suspect it's something not Xen-related, like :
- duplex/speed mismatch between NIC and switch
- bad cable

The questions above should help pinpoint the problem.

Regards,

Fajar