Re: [Xen-users] how do I set the listening IP on snmpd?

On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM, Rudi Ahlers <rudiahlers@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does anyone know if it's possible to set a listening IP on snmpd?

>From "man snmpd.conf"
"
       agentaddress [<transport-specifier>:]<transport-address>[,...]
              defines  a list of listening addresses, on which to
receive incoming SNMP requests.  See the section LISTENING ADDRESSES
in the snmpd(8)
              manual page for more information about the format of
listening addresses.

              The default behaviour is to listen on UDP port 161 on
all IPv4 interfaces.
"

However startup command line can also influence snmpd's behavior. On
ubuntu /etc/default/snmpd has this line

# snmpd options (use syslog, close stdin/out/err).
SNMPDOPTS='-Lsd -Lf /dev/null -u snmp -I -smux -p /var/run/snmpd.pid 127.0.0.1'

Removing 127.0.0.1 will make it listen on all interfaces.

Regards,

Fajar