Re: [Xen-users] multiple bridges on non-addressed interfaces

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Steve Wray <steve.wray@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> However, this only actually *works* (for the domUs) if the interface is
> assigned an address in dom0.
>
> Ie:
>
> auto eth2
> iface eth2 inet static
>  address 172.16.2.253
>  netmask 255.255.255.0
>  up /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth2
>
> works while this:
>
> auto eth2
> iface eth2 inet manual
>  up /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge start netdev=eth2
>
> does not.

Why don't you simply create the bridge in Lenny? Here's what I use in Ubuntu

auto br11
iface br11 inet manual
    bridge_ports eth0.11

This is a bridge-on-vlan config. I don't even need to specifiy
settings for eth0 or eth0.11, Ubuntu takes care of them automatically.
If you want to bridge eth2 then something like this should work.

auto br2
iface br2 inet manual
    bridge_ports eth2

Then you simply set your domU to use br2 on it's vif settings. br2 and
eth2  should be up, without any ipv4 address assigned.

Regards,

Fajar