Re: [Xen-users] Re: Motherboard capable of VT-d

Do you or anyone else on the list know how support for VT-d is on Supermicro boards? I have seen the options listed in the motherboard manuals for some of their boards but haven't actually tried myself. I have actually been contemplating buying a Supermicro C2SMB-Q. Thanks if your or anyone else has some info.

Mike Lovell
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Christian Tramnitz wrote:
I had a case open with Gigabyte some time ago asking for vt-d support on X38 and they told me that vt-d support is not planned for any of their boards, so I'd suggest to stay away from them. Asus might be even worse, allowing you to enable vt-d in the BIOS but then telling you it's unsupported when it doesn't work.

If you really need vt-d I'd suggest to go with Intel boards for now...

Best regards,
   Christian

Andreas Dahlen schrieb:
Hi!

I've got a motherboard (Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R) where the Ethernet port has
been broken.

I'll buy a new motherboard, but wants to keep all my other equipment (CPU,
Memory, TV-cards etc).

The requirements/wishes on the new motherboard are 2 Ethernet ports and 2
PCI slots. It would also be good if it would support VT-d.

I've found two boards that would fulfill my requirements; Gigabyte
GA-X48-DS5, Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4

According to the VTdHowTo (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/VTdHowTo) X48
chipset supports VT-d. But not all manufactures have enabled it.
Does anyone know if VT-d is enabled for the motherboards above (or any other
motherboard that would support my requirements)?

/Andreas