Re: [Xen-users] Re: Performance of network block devices (iSCSI)

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

on this page http://wiki.debian.org/iSCSI/open-iscsi it says :

You can then mount the new device, but under most situation, you
will want to use LABEL= syntax in /etc/fstab (see e2label).

I assume this is because the device name can change across
restarts. Since I'm not mounting the volume in Dom0, just passing it
to the guest in a "disk = [ 'phy:v ..." line, any suggestions on the
best way to deal with this ?

Use the /dev/disk/by-path/ip-* symlinks.

Or /dev/disk/by-id/*-part symlinks. Or you can try hacking your own udev rules. I kind of liked the methods described in http://www.performancemagic.com/iscsi-xen-howto/iSCSI.html . But any of the above should work and be unique. IIRC, the by-id links or what not should also be unique across machines.

Mike