Re: [Xen-users] bad I/O performance with HP Smart Array RAID

DOGUET Emmanuel wrote:
And what about the Write Cache on all your RAID card? On SmartArray P400i it's an option :/
 I have buy one for trying.

Well, I'd expect the RAID controller to deliver at least the throughput of a ATA-133 controller without the battery buffered write cache.

But it seems that I might have been a little too fast blaming this on Xen. Googling for cciss performance issues is quite enlightening. However, I haven't found a solution so far, though tuning a few driver parameters gave a few Megs/s more.

Best regards,
Tom