[Xen-users] dom0 freeze on boot with Tyan 2912 w Barcelona 2347HE

Been picking brains on IRC for a few days, but we still don't have this one figured out.

The boot setup that I'm using on a ASUS board with a Phenom processor works perfectly. I take that same configuration and try to boot this Tyan/Barcelona setup and it freezes when grub (or pxe/isolinux ) passes control to the hypervisor. http://www.gaealink.net/not-very-xen.png

We've tried vga=keep, vga=ask. I've configured a serial console (tested to work) with no output. I've tried 3.3.0 (gitco) and 3.3.1 both with and without "debug ?= y".

I can, however, boot a non-xen configuration and can even kexec xen and get it to boot.

Since it freezes immediately with no output at all, I'm not sure how to diagnose this further.