Re: [Xen-users] Paravirtualized Linux with graphics (X Window)?

  • To: NAHieu <nahieu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jeff Lane <sundowner225@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:35:16 -0500
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 07:36:04 -0800

This is a really silly question, on my part, but just to be sure the
basics are covered:

Are you sure your PV domU is actually running X?  Is it booting into
runlevel 5, or is it booting in to runlevel 3?  Is X and the assorted
windowmanager and displaymanager installed?

Sometimes it's the simple things that get you.

On another note, however, provided that works, the VNC port mentioned
above is good advice.

By default, domain 1 uses port 5901, domain 2 uses 5902 and so forth.

As far as I know, those ports are determined by the domain number,
I've never actually seen the vncdisplay option before.  Does that set
the actual port number to 5910 or does that set the vnc capable
display to 10 (e.g. vncviewer domUName:10) or are those the same
thing?

Another thing to consider... virt-viewer if available... usage is simple:

virt-viewer domUname

to connect to the domU and get a graphical console (again, provided
that X is indeed running and not failing for some other reason)