Re: [Xen-users] DNS servers as guests?

> I have a couple of Fedora Core 4 guests (3 GB disk, 256 MB RAM, 512 MB swap)
> on Fedora Core 4 dom0 + Xen 3.0.4 running bind 9.3.1 with about 500 zones
> each.

Your guest setup is pretty much the same as the one I just built. I only have
about 50 zones on this one but these are internal domains. The DNS servers act
as outgoing for local clients.

> I'm not sure what you mean exactly with slow, but assuming you mean slow

I'm not sure that I should call it 'slow' but it's not as 'fast' as my stand
alone's are, by a second or two perhaps.

>Though, I don't
> have concrete info about bind performance and all that stuff, since these
> aren't our primary DNS servers but only serve zones of some specific
> domains.

I have a DNS measurement tool somewhere. The only reason I'm asking is because
I want to be careful that I don't virtualize too much. If everything is even a
tiny bit slower, then the overall will show up as sluggish services.

Mike