[Xen-users] Xen networking and netloop

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: mathias dufresne <mathias.dufresne@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 11:38:07 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 02:38:54 -0800

Hi all,

I recently change my Xen 3.1 for a 3.2 and I discover I have to set IP address on bridge rather than on virtual interfaces.

I used to use bridge set on dummy interface to create virtual networks (not vlan) inside my Xen system. Without IP on it bridges can be consider as a hub. dom0 can be outside of these virtual networks.

With IP on bridge, dom0 will exists on these networks, and I just don't want that.
Reading network-bridge (or vif-bridge I don't remember, I'm not at home) this is because Xen doesn't use anymore netloop.

Is it possible to use network scripts from 3.1 version in older version ?
Or does anybody has any idea how I could recreate these virtual networks without connecting my dom0 on each network using recent Xen version ?

Thanks for your feedback.