Re: [Xen-users] xm migrate headache

On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 07:27:18AM -0700, Nick Couchman wrote:

> So, in your Xen configs, are you using phy: to access the DRBD devices
> directly?

Yes, you are correct. I've used a file based storage backend before, but
it was too slow.

drbd.conf:
----8<----
resource stunnel {
  on jitxen01 {
    address 192.168.0.1:7794;
    device /dev/drbd4;
    disk /dev/XEN/stunnel;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  on jitxen02 {
    address 192.168.0.2:7794;
    device /dev/drbd4;
    disk /dev/XEN/stunnel;
    meta-disk internal;
  }
  net {
    allow-two-primaries;
    after-sb-0pri discard-zero-changes;
    after-sb-1pri discard-secondary;
  }
}
----8<----

machine config in xen:

----8<----
name="stunnel"
[...]
disk=[ 'phy:/dev/drbd4,xvda,w', ]

> If so, then you should be okay without a cluster-aware
> filesystem

Now I feel much better :-)

> - sorry about that, I was under the impression that you were
> mounting the DRBD device on the dom0s and then storing disk files on it.

This sounds like a not-so-clever idea to me :-)

Rainer