Re: [Xen-users] iscsi initiator on PV DomU problem

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

Sometime ago on this list (check the archive) a user said iscsi on
domU was slow, and moving the target to dom0 improved performance
greatly.

Could be a thread I started. I got terrible performance with iSCSI on the DomU, but quite acceptable performance after moving the iSCSI stuff to Dom0 at the suggestion of people on this list - had to wait until I could beg another hand-me-down server to test it on though :-(

That's with Debian Lenny in Dom0 and DomU, iSCSI box is a Dell AX100i.

You could always write all zeroes to it with dd and get a similar result :)

If you have the patience ! I nearly suggested that earlier in the thread.

Still, our iSCSI box has just taken 8 days to add a drive to an array - good job it can do it with the volumes online.

--
Simon Hobson