Von: Torsten Valentin <torsten.valentin@xxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: Die, 10.3.2009 14:50
An: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Xen-users] Lenny how to compile new kernel

Hi!

I need to have a modified entry for CONFIG_HZ in the Dom-U kernel. I
installed Lenny, then installed the xen-enabled kernel
linux-image-2.6.26-1-xen-686 and also the sources (apt-get source
linux-image-2.6.26-1-xen-686). However, there is no .config file in this
package. So make menuconfig starts with the default values. However,
when I compile a new kernel with XEN enabled (and my new timer option),
this new kernel does not list any PCI devices. When I boot the DomU with
the precompiled kernel, lspci lists the devices I mapped to the DomU
correctly (pciback.hide in the Dom0-kernel and pci= in the DomU). So I
must have been missing some config values when compiling the kernel.

Either: What do I have to do to make the DomU kernel find my PCI devices?
Or: How do I get the .config file with which Lennys kernel
linux-image-2.6.26-1-xen-686 was compiled?

Regards,
T.