Re: [Xen-users] Storage alternatives

> I think that we would have to reboot each domU in this case after a
> failure, isn't it? The goal is to have domUs which would not be affected
> by failure of one storage servers.

Ideally, the initiator in dom0 would handle the failover of the target
successfully and domU would never know anything had happened.  I've done
things like entirely restart the target daemon without initiators
caring, but if it's gone long enough while i/o is going on, bad things
will happen.

> > Abstract your disks and iscsi exports; then use ZFS on two pools this will
> > minimize the administration.
>
> ZFS seems to be very nice, but sadly we are not using Solaris and don't
> want to use it with FUSE under Linux. Nevertheless does anyone use ZFS
> under Linux and can share his/her experiences?

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the ZFS fanboi's anyway.  It's does
good things but hardly anything truly useful that you can't find in LVM
and doesn't really change anything in this case.

John

--
John Madden
Sr. UNIX Systems Engineer