Re: [Xen-users] Hot Copy file based VMs

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 4:41 AM, Jan Kalcic <jandot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> As n subject, is there a safe way to "hot" copy the VMs based on files. The
> best is using LVM Snapshot, I guess, but what if I can't for other reason?

to be safe, it has to be an 'atomic' copy from the point of view of
the guest.  in fact, it has to be both atomic and synchronous with a
copy of the machine state.

if you don't copy the machine state, it will look like a 'pulled cord' shutdown.

and if the copy isn't atomic, it will look like a disk that passed a
period of erratic behavior, some writes would be performed, some
won't.

--
Javier