Re: [Xen-users] Strange network issue; Guest/DomU outgoing traffic

eric van blokland <ericvanblokland@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>  Tcpdump on the guest shows incomming traffic,
> however, no outgoing traffic is to be observed:
>
> Arp requests (who-has) are being received, but we never reply.
>
> After manually adding addresses to arp:
>
> ICMP ping/TCP testpackets/UDP testpackets are being received, never replied
> to.
>
> Trying to ping from the specific guest or sending anything through the
> network interface doesn't show up in tcpdump. (writing to the socket
> does not give an error)

yup.  A client had the same problem on actual RHEL.   Never got it figured
out.   I poke a little more every time I get one, but it's ongoing

I've only seen it using i386 Dom0;  my x86_64 Dom0s have never had the problem.

I'd suggest upgrading (the dom0/hypervisor)  to latest.  If you get any
traction on the issue, please email me.