Re: [Xen-users] VCPU amount

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 1:13 AM, Ferreira, N. L. (Nuno)
<n.l.ferreira@xxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Fajar
>
> And BTW, are these domU HVM settings also applicable to a PV domU?
> Cheers,
> Nuno

Yes.

PV domU also supports memory and cpu hotplug (at least xenified ones
like Redhat's kernel-xen does, but pv_ops kernel like 2.6.28 don't
have it yet). Because of that I like use another setting, so now it
looks like this:

#===============
memory = "500"
maxmem = "8000"

vcpus=8
vcpu_avail=1
cpus="1-7"

note maxmem and vcpu_avail. With those settings domU starts with one
vcpu and 500MB memory, but I can grow it online up to 8 vcpu and 8 GB.

You can still put cpu_cap and cpu_weight there if you want.

Support for vcpu_avail and cpu_cap is kinda new, so check whether you
have it with "xm create --help_config". I'm using Xen 3.3.1 which
supports them.

Regards,

Fajar