Re: [Xen-users] Cluster (VPC), Eucalyptus and preferred distribution to it.

Thomas Goirand <thomas@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> What prevents you from using the hypervisor 3.3 in Debian? IT IS
> available (just not in Lenny directly, but still available).

Nothing prevents it.  I've done it before.  just saying that if I slap
a 2.6.18 kernel (the xen.org stuff) on a userland that expects something
else, I will have to do more work to even out the differences than if I sub
out one 2.6.18 kernel for another.

(I understand the RHEL kernel isn't stock 2.6.18, and neither is the xen.org
2.6.18, but they are closer to oneanother than to newer kernels.)

I remember for a while I was using RHEL4 userland (don't ask why)  with
the xen.org 2.6.16 kernel (I think?   very early xen 3.0)  vmstat wouldn't
even work.  (I ended up getting the data direct from /proc)

I am very much looking forward to the pv_ops dom0 support.