Re: [Xen-users] Linux PV Drivers - VBD device not loading - Cannot get Major 3/22 for ide

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Robert Dunkley <Robert@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Method below did not work too well for me, the kernel ends up unbootable
> (Cant mount anything). Was the noapic option important? (I only added
> ide0=noprobe)

ide0=noprobe -> makes ide skips probing ide0 (hda and hdb). If it's
unbootable, chances are you haven't load xen-vbd. That why I told you
to modify modprobe.conf, and you have to recreate initrd afterwards
(you might want to use "-v" to see what drivers are added). If it
still doesn't work, post full startup log (which is easier if you use
text console instead of VNC console)

noapic -> a performance-improvement suggestion from Redhat (can't
remember exactly which URL though)

Regards,

Fajar